Thursday 31 May 2012

Summer shades for your nails


Recently I have stopped painting my nails in favour of having one of Jessica's 'Geleration' manicures. They're really great and are chip resistant, lasting for about 2 weeks. Although they are not as damaging to your nails as Acrylic or Gel nails, I still like to have a bit of a break from them.

I also use this as a good excuse to dig out all my polishes and have a change of colour. I must admit, for ease I do generally tend to stick to either a french manicure polish or a very dark brown, however with the lovely sunshine over the last few days I have been experimenting with some brighter colours to match my summer wardrobe.

Like with most beauty products, I am obsessed with buying nail varnish and love stocking up whenever I hit the shops. So I thought I'd share with you my top ten summer shades. Most are available either online or at the major drugstores.

Just to add, before painting your nails it's always best to prep them by applying a base coat, this will not only allow a smoother application but will also help prevent nail discolouration. If your nails are already slightly stained then try soaking them in lemon juice and buffing them gently with a buffer. Buffing will also remove any natural ridges on the the nail. I love Nails inc polishes and use both their 'Soho Silk' base coat and 'Miracle' nail buffer-which is both effective and pretty! After painting I seal the polish with a strengthening top coat, such as Nails inc 'Albert Bridge' or the amazing Seche Vite top coat, which also dries varnish in seconds, so is perfect if you're forever painting your nails just as you're about to leave the house (like me!).








1. Nails by Topshop in 'Paint it on'
2. Nails inc in 'Cadogan Gardens'
3. Nails inc in 'Electric Avenue'
4. Chanel Le Vernis in 503 'Inattendu'

5. Creative Nail Design in 521 'Tropic Coral'
6. Nails inc in 'Atomic' by Fabulous
                                     
7. Creative Nail Design in 348 'Hot Pop Pink'
8. Revlon Nail Enamel in 'Pineapple Fizz'

9. Nails inc in 'Omp!' by Fabulous
10. Creative Nail Design in 365 'Toxic Perfection'

Happy painting,

Olivia xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment